Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Challenges

Why do I do challenges? Mainly because I love to read and I read without abandon. By doing challenges my reading goes in a direction. Sometimes the challenges make me stop and pick up a book that I usually would never consider. Sometimes the challenges just encourage me to work toward a random goal. Regardless of the reason, challenges are fun and they give me the opportunity to keep track of what I read throughout the year. Last year I only completed two of the four challenges that I tried. This year, I am trying more challenges but they are more topical than others. Most of these I will put in the sidebar, but some I will do in the both the sidebar and the original post.

Here are the challenges that I will keep track of only in the sidebar along with the link to the sign up pages
  1. The 100+ Challenge hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog
  2. 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog (I will do at least the "Stepping It Up" challenge, but most likely I will end up reading enough to qualify for the "Super Size" version.
  3. Celebrate The Author hosted by Becky's Book Room
  4. Support Your Local Library Challenge hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog (I will probably only commit to doing the "Mini Challenge" for this one but maybe more.)
  5. Gilmore Girls Challenge hosted by Lisa (for this one I am only going to commit to the "Emily" level, but I would really like to complete the "Rory" level.
So, this is to just get me started on various challenges. I'm also planning on doing a few others that just looked fun, and I'll post more about them later, along with the books I have chosen for those challenges. If you want to join any of these challenges just follow the links to the sign up pages for more information. Also, leave me a comment so we can be challenge buddies!

No comments: