Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Day Off Work

Today I didn't go to work. Not in a super exciting way, just in a "I have been having crazy bad migraines and was hoping a day to sit at home and relax would fix all of that" kind of way. I got a lot of stuff done today. I finished reading a book, I caught up some TV shows, I worked on some of my blankets, I folded laundry, I started another book. I also got tagged in a note on Facebook. Usually I ignore those kind of things (even though I have a secret love of memes) but this one was about BOOKS! The prompt was to take fifteen minutes and list fifteen books that will always stick with you. So I posted that on my Facebook page, but I thought that I would post it here too!


  1. Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling
  2. Paper Towns by John Green
  3. Sea by Heidi R. Kling
  4. Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan
  5. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
  6. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
  7. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
  8. Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
  9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
  10. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
  11. Wonderful Tonight by Pattie Boyd
  12. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  13. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
  14. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
  15. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
I should mention that there are WAY more books I could add to this list. Especially A Midsummer Night's Dream, and most anything written by John Green, Ellen Hopkins, Maureen Johnson, Scott Westerfeld, E. Lockhart, and sooo many other fabulous books. If there are any books on this list that YOU haven't pick up I highly recommend them all. They may not all be epic works of literature, but each of them has left an imprint on me. I hope they will make a difference in your life as well.

No comments: