Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Not So Lazy Weekend

I'm not going to lie to you guys, going back to work this week was kind of lame, but overall it wasn't bad. Since it was a short week time FLEW by and the weekend was here more quickly than I expected. The downside of that is that it doesn't really feel like the weekend. I've been relatively lazy today- I took down our tree, fiddled with my layout* on the blog, and watched a few episodes of The Hour. I also made three separate spreadsheets: one to track my grandmother's dietary habits for her doctor, one to track the money I spend of books this year, and one to catalog the books, ebooks, and movies I own. Nothing drastically exciting.

This week as I've meandered around the interwebs I saw a cool challenge about watching 365 movies this year. My initial thought was "Oh! That would be amazing! And fun! I should DO THAT!!!" However, I quickly came back to reality and realized that there is NO WAY I can manage to watch 365 movies this year. Plus...I don't really watch movies. Mostly I watch television series or read. But I would like to watch more movies. So I'm going to challenge myself to watch at least one new movie per week. And maybe I'll blog about that.

Another cool thing going on is something that Rosianna is doing. Every day there is a challenge to try something new and then share your experience. Personally, I think this is brilliant. Her videos have been really enjoyable and also they have been insightful. Since I'm already on the "join ALL THE THINGS" kick I am seriously considering joining the revolution. Mainly because the stuff is so easy and simple to do. So far the challenges have been things like "try a new food," or "smile at people." SO SIMPLE! If I do join the revolution I'll be doing short blogs here detailing the challenges, because I don't have the time to edit or post videos.

I hope 2012 is treating you all well and that you are having success with your current resolutions if you made any.





*My allergies are well and truly insane today, making most everything I look at blurry, so if the new layout is difficult to read please let me know so I can fix the issues =]

No comments: