Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

In Which Chelle Talks a LOT

I've been particularly wordy this week. Four (five including this one) blog entries, and none of them have really been ABOUT anything. I have just rambled. Part of this is due to not having internet access for SO LONG, and now I am just spending my snow days staring at various internet sites.

I have been making vain attempts to catch up on my TV viewing. I have fallen more in love with BBC and the shows that air there. I have watched all of the Doctor Who episodes from series 1 to 5 except one. I am waiting to watch The End of Time parts 1 and 2. I'm not sure what the delay is about, mainly I think I am unwilling to say goodbye to The Doctor and wait for Series 6 to begin. I never really saw myself becoming a Whovian, but I have fallen hard for The Doctor. Matt Smith's Doctor is my favorite. My friend Forest says that is because I watched him first, but I'm not sure if I agree with that. I just really enjoy Matt Smith's brand of crazy. The best thing about watching Nine, Ten, and Eleven back to back is that I really got the opportunity to see the differences in how the actors portrayed the character. It is pretty interesting to the the continuity, but also the differences. I am hoping that Eleven (Matt Smith) encounters the Ood at some point during his travels.

I have also been rewatching Bones during the past few months. The good thing about Bones is that I have seen the episodes multiple times. This means I can watch them while I do paperwork and they keep my focus on the computer, but don't distract me from my work. Usually. I have also realized how great the cast is on that show. The characters are so diverse and it is unusual to see diverse characters that don't come across as a stereotype. I mean, Angela (the artist who doesn't really enjoy death and dying) could totally come across as vapid and flaky. Instead she is incredibly smart and she brings humanity to the bones that her coworkers deal with every day. It is nice to see how the characters work off each other and add to the overall awesomeness of the show!

This morning my house has been full of people. I adore my family and I love having them here, but I had PLANS this morning! Among them watching Sherlock (yet another BBC show that I have fallen in LOVE with) and reading Demon's Lexicon. I have been inspired by some of my friends on Twitter to read the book, and I started it this morning and so far it's great! However, outrageous numbers of people make it impossible to concentrate on either of those things. Instead I am playing on the internet. I deleted all the books from my Goodreads account, and plan to start fresh this year. I plan to put my 75 TBR books on the site and then as I read I plan to update the "read" shelf. So, right now it looks like I have read two books in my life, which a HUGE misconception. If any of you are on Goodreads, feel free to add me as a friend. I haven't been very active in the past, but I am going to try to do better this year.

Now that I have rambled about TV and Goodreads, my house has cleared out. I plan on losing myself in Sherlock and then reading for a little while. I have made tentative plans to watch Lord of the Rings with the cousins. You can read this blog about a similar experience we had around this time last year. It looks like we will go to school on Monday, so I have to enjoy my last snow day. Although, with the intense cold and the snow in the forecast, I'm sure there are many more snow days in the future.

No comments: