Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Netflix and Fangirling

Haven't we already discussed my fangirling issues? I thought so. Therefore, can ANY of you tell me WHY I thought it would be a good idea for me to 1) subscribe to Netflix and then 2) start watching Merlin. I mean, I am well aware of my love of all things Arthurian...remember that tangent I had a few posts back about how Le Morte D'Arthur>A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court? Yeah, I'm an Arthur nerd. Is that a real thing? If not I'm making it a real thing.

So anyway, five episodes in and I can already tell that I am going to L-O-V-E LOVE Merlin. My friend Forest assures me that Robin Hood is even BETTER than Merlin. Which is just WONDERFUL because I am also a huge Robin Hood fangirl dating back to my Disney cartoon days. Yes, I realize that I STILL watch Disney cartoons, that is beside the point. Actually my massive love for these two stories was probably heavily influenced by Disney. Although, my dad is an Arthur fan so I would have been introduced to these stories regardless. So far I am pretty impressed with Merlin, although I am a little confused about where they are going in regards to staying true to the original story, but I'm not really opposed to straying from cannon.

Another reason I'm digging Netflix is because Erin is loving it. She spent close to an hour going through titles on the "watch instantly" tab on Friday before narrowing her choices down to five. Finally she decided to watch and Olsen Twins movie, because she has watched all of the ones I own many, many times. She really enjoys coming over and hanging out with me, watching movies or TV. It makes her feel special and we really have so much fun. So now we have an even larger selection of movies to watch during Girl Nights.

So, if it is possible to fangirl a corporation that I pay money to enjoy, then we are totally fangirling Netflix right now!

No comments: