Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

...Yeah...

So, I have to blog...cause ya know...that's what BEDA is about. The only problem is, I don't really have anything to blog about? I mean I can list my day's activities: Up before 8 to take The Clone to volley ball practice, grocery store with my Maw-Maw and The Cousins, pick up The Clone, home for lunch, watch The Cousins all afternoon, go to a jewelry party which one of my other cousins sell. Not so exciting really.

I could talk about how I really, really, REALLY want my Hunger Games boxed set like NOW!!! Or about how once I get the boxed set I am going to have to re-read the series, because it has been a YEAR since I read the books and I need a refresher to enjoy Mockingjay. Or how I am going to have to avoid the internet/TV/newspapers/Twitter/blogs until I finish all the books. My only salvation will be that I will have to work for most of the days, so I am hoping that I will miss most of the hoopla. Also, I am pretty confident in most of the HUGE Hunger Games fans NOT spoiling Mockingjay without posting "Spoiler Alert" warnings. Not that this will really help me. I have an unhealthy habit of being drawn in by the "Spoiler Alert" warning. It's like I can't resist the forbidden fruit. The only reason I even read Hunger Games was because I read a newspaper article that spoiled the ending without warning the reader beforehand. It turned out to be a FANTASTIC decision for me, because I fell in love with Katniss Everdeen and her world. I mean come on! What girl doesn't want to to be Katniss when they grow up? Ya know, minus all that crazy totalitarian government and The Games and the constant state of fear and the having the weight of the world (literally) on your shoulders...Okay, maybe no one wants to grow up to have to deal with the situations Katniss has to deal with, but I think we would all like to have her strength. She is easily one of my favorite literary heroines, just like The Hunger Games is quickly becoming one of my favorite series. For some odd reason I am obsessed with dystopian societies. Especially in YA literature. I love the idea of a society that is supposed to be just the absolute best thing ever, but that is actually horrid. I know that The Hunger Games isn't really set up like that, and that many characters have issues with The Capitol, but it is a similar concept.

Now that I have just babbled endlessly, I will end this. Tell me, are there any upcoming releases you are excited about? Do you love Katniss, District 12, and The Games like I do? Let me know!

No comments: